Who We Are
As organizational and productivity specialists, we are passionate about our work to help bring order and efficiency to the lives of our clients. NAPO-CT’s mission is to Connect Connecticut with education, resources, and awareness of the organizing and productivity industry.
The Connecticut Chapter (NAPO-CT) was founded in 2003 after 8 years of meeting as an informal group. Our membership grew substantially including a variety of Business Partners. We are a small but mighty group keeping NAPO-CT alive and vibrant.
In January 2023 we celebrated our 20th anniversary as a chapter. On this auspicious day, we gathered together to have some fun and reminisce about the changes over the years.
Professional Organizer vs. Productivity Consultant
The NAPO-CT chapter is made up of Professional Organizers and Productivity Consultants ready to serve their client’s needs. But you probably ask, “Who does what?” We have answers for you!
Professional Organizers (PO) tend to work with the tangible stuff. They will help you clear the clutter, tame paperwork piles, revamp computer files, and reconfigure that master closet. The PO likes to be in your home or business working on the physical aspect of things.
Productivity Consultants (PC) tend to work with the intangible stuff. They will help you hone your time management skills, instruct you how to prioritize tasks, teach you how to use that latest efficiency app, and recalibrate your thinking to be more solution-focused. PCs like to be in your thoughts and mind working on the mental aspect of things.
This isn’t to say there is no overlap between POs and PCs, but this gives a broad breakdown of what they offer depending on your needs and challenges. Many NAPO-CT Professionals are trained in both aspects of the industry but choose to specialize in one area over another.
Interested in becoming a certified PO/PC? Check out the Certification Programs
The Value of Working with a Professional
- Put your house in order so you can find what you need – and need what you find!
- Get help creating systems for your everyday challenges and changing priorities.
- Bring order, calm, and control to your home and family life.
- Save money by knowing what you have and where to find it.
- Organize your bills and eliminate late fees.
- Get more done in less time.
- Bring structure, logic, and control to your organization, at any level.
- Optimize workflow to increase productivity, reduce stress, and heighten profitability.
- Build company-wide systems or define responsibilities for a single employee.
- Motivate your team with real solutions to the everyday or ongoing challenges of too much to do, changing priorities and information overload.
NAPO University and NAPO-CT offer members additional resources and opportunities to augment the Organizing/Productivity business along with personal development courses.
CLICK HERE to find direct links to these available resources.