NAPO offers the following certification:
Certified Professional Organizer® demonstrates the possession of the body of knowledge and experience essential to the industry. This certification program is operated by the Board of Certification for Professional Organizers (BCPO).
In order to earn the CPO® designation, one must:
- Document a specific number of paid hours that include transferring organizing skills to the client
- Pass the BCPO examination
- Earn Continuing Education Units for renewal of the designation
Certified Professional Organizer in Chronic Disorganization® is a professional designation developed by the Institute for Challenging Disorganization (ICD), an affiliated organization of NAPO.
In order to earn the CPO-CD® designation, one must:
- Spend 17-20 months of intensive time studying and applying this learning in practical application with current clients
- Complete coursework, written assignments, and undergo a peer panel review
If you aren’t ready to undergo the process of certification, both NAPO and ICD offer shortened specialty programs in which you can earn a certificate in a particular area of interest. Visit their websites for details.